The World’s Children’s Prize Foundation and its universal and holistic educational program educates young people on the rights of the child, democracy and global friendship, helping them become humane global citizens.
Since the year 2000 The World’s Children’s Prize Program has educated and empowered 40,6 million children as changemakers standing up for humanity and compassion, the equal value of all people, the rights of the child, human rights, democracy and sustainable development. A majority of these youngsters are vulnerable children who before taking part in the WCP Program were not aware of the fact that they have rights.
We’re behind the World’s Children’s Prize
The WCP program is run by Swedish non-profit the World’s Children’s Prize Foundation (WCPF). The WCPF receives funding from bodies including the Swedish Postcode Lottery, Forum Syd and Sida (Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency), H.M. Queen Silvia’s Care About the Children Foundation, The Julia & Hans Rausing Trust and the Survé Family Foundation. The WCPF has received the highest possible rating in the annual review of non-profit organisations carried out by Charity Ratings.
> WCPF 2015 Annual Report (in Swedish)> Ethical policy
Our impact since the World’s Children’s Prize Program started in 2000:
• 40,6 million children have participated in the annual program.
• 70,000 schools in 115 countries had signed up as Global Friend Schools supporting the World’s Children’s Prize.
• We have gained the support of 750 organisations, departments of education, and other bodies
• Around 50,000 teachers implement the WCP program annually.
• 48 Prize Laureates and 15 Decade Prize Laureates have been selected and honored, all of whom have inspired children all over the world.
• The Prize money has helped to give thousands of the world’s most disadvantaged children a better life, so far through 63 projects in 30+ countries.
• The largest number of children participating in the Global Vote in any one year has been 7.1 million.